Clams with coconut – semi gravy
40 – 45 clams / tisreo
Grind to a paste:
¾ freshly grated coconut
1 tablespoon coriander seeds
2 slit chilies
4 cloves of garlic
1 inch cinnamon stick
¼ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon turmeric
½ inch ginger
*** The green chilies can be ground or add along with the onion.
1 medium onion chopped
2-3 pieces of tamarind in warm water
Salt to taste
Oil as required
Pre – Preparation:
- Clean the clams / tisreo and put them in the deep freezer for 30 min, they will automatically open.
- Remove from the freezer and clean the clams as seen in the picture below.
1. Add oil to a kadai / wok and sauté the onion till they turn translucent.
2. Now pour in the ground masala and cook for 1 minute.
3. Clean the mixer with little water and add it to the masala.
4. At this point add the clams / tisreos.
5. Add the tamarind water as required and salt to taste
6. Cook till the gravy dries or reaches the required consistency.