¼ cup millet/nachni flour
⅓ Cup left over goan red rice / ukdde tandull
4 ½ cups of water (more if required)
Salt to taste
1. Soak the millet / nachni flour overnight in ½ cup of water.
2. By morning it will be slightly fermented.
3. In a pot boil 4 ½ cups of water.
4. Once it boils remove 2 cups of water and set aside for later use.
5. Now add the soaked millet to the pot and keep stirring.
6. When it comes to a slight boil add the remaining water.
7. Now as the ambil boils it will fold (same like milk it will turn from the outer wall to inside coming to the center).
8. Switch of the gas.
9. To this add ⅓ cup of leftover rice.
10. Add salt to taste.
11. Your Ambil is ready it should be similar to the consistency of soji (drinkable from a bowl).
12. Serve ambil hot with some Miskut or Chepnim tor.
Enjoy life, it’s delicious.
*** You can add little sugar if you prefer.
***Some folks even add milk to this.