2 cups Fresh galmo
2 medium size onion finely chopped
3-4 green chilies finely chopped
2-3 sprigs of coriander leaves finely chopped
1 medium tomato finely chopped
1 teaspoon ginger and garlic paste
2 ½ teaspoon bottle masala (readymade) or Jeerem Meerem Masala
½ teaspoon turmeric
½ teaspoon chili powder
¾ cup rice flour
1 small lime
Salt to taste
1. Wash and clean the galmo.
2. Keep it to drain in a sieve.
3. Deseed the tomato and chop it fine.
4. Add all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
5. Use only ½ cup rice flour first then add as required.
6. Squeeze the lime juice in the mixture.
7. Add salt to taste.
8. Mix well and set aside for 15 minutes.
9. Now take the mixture and form patties on your palm.
10. In a frying pan add enough oil and fry the patties on low flame.
11. Don’t be in a hurry let it cook well on one side then turn on the other side and cook till done.
12. It should turn nice and crispy with a nice crust.
13. Serve your javla che vade as starter or as a main course, it also goes well as sandwich in a pao.
Enjoy life, it’s delicious.
** You can use either bottle masala or Jeerem meerem masala.
**You can also do it with besan or egg (instead of rice flour).