3 – 3 ½ cup water
3 – 3 ½ tablespoon sugar
1 large glass jar
1 muslin cloth
String or rubber band
Bowl / jar
*** Use only wooden spoon and not metal.
*** For those who want to know details of the right acidic level then this is what you should look for 2.4 pH and strength of 5% acidic acid.
1. Scrap the skin of the apple and remove wax (if wax in on the apple skin).
2. Wash well and cut into small chunks (with seeds and skin).
3. Take a clean dry jar and add all the cut pieces into the jar till its 70% full.
4. Now add water to the jar and for every cup of water add 1 tablespoon of sugar.
5. Cover the jar with muslin cloth and secure the cloth with a string or rubber band.
6. Place this in a dark place.
7. Every 2 days open the jar and with the help of a wooden spoon push the apple pieces down.
8. After 2 days you will see bubbles appearing on top this is a good sign that the process is on the right track.
9. Continue this process for 14 day.
10. After 14 days strain the content into a glass bowl (squeeze all the liquid through the cloth).
11. Clean the jar and wipe it dry.
12. Transfer the liquid back into the jar passing through a muslin cloth.
13. Keep the jar in a dark place undisturbed for 2 months (or cover with a black plastic bag).
14. After 50 days do a taste test to see if the vinegar has reached the desired acidic taste.
15. If the taste has not reached the right acidic level then keep it back in a dark place for 10 more days.
16. Your Homemade Organic Apple Cider Vinegar is ready (Total yield was 750ml).
17. Transfer this into a clean bottle and store away from sunlight.
18. Use as desired.
Enjoy life, it’s delicious.