2 brains (Pork, Goat, Lamb…)
1 large onion finely chopped
4 green chilies finely chopped
Coconut Oil as required
Salt to taste
1. Clean the brain well and try to remove the veins with a wet hand by pinching and slightly pulling.
2. Once the brain is cleaned put it in a bowl with rest of the ingredients (onion , salt, chili and eggs)
3. Give it a good mix (I used my hand). In konkani we say “borem mudd / muddi”.
4. Add half tablespoon oil to a frying pan and add one ladle full of the omelette mixture and fry on both sides.
5. The size of the omelette should not exceed 4 to 4 ½ inch dia. Smaller the better.
6. It’s important to cook the omelette well on both sides. Do this on medium flame.
7. Yield is about 6-8 omelette depending on the size.
8. Serve it hot with some salad at the side.
Enjoy life, it’s delicious.
*** While mixing all the ingredients if you see red stings (veins) pull it out and throw.
***Adjust the chilies as per your liking.
***You can add turmeric powder it’s optional.