375gms Tiddkeo Middkeo / Gavar
36-38 nos of Jackfruit seeds
½ teaspoon Turmeric powder
¼ teaspoon Chili powder
2 Large onions chopped
1 large tomato chopped
2 green chilies chopped
3 tablespoon freshly grated coconut
Pinch of sugar
1 ½ tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
1. Clean and cut the vegetable (remove both the ends and just break it with your hands into 1” inch size)
2. Boil the jackfruit seeds for about 15minutes with salt and water.
3. Cut the boiled jackfruit seeds into quarters (lengthwise).
4. In a kadai sauté the onions and green chilies till onion turns translucent.
5. Now add the tomato and cook till soft.
6. Add chili and turmeric powder and cook for a minute.
7. At this stage add the vegetables and sugar.
8. Give it a good stir and cook for a minute.
9. Now add the jackfruit seeds and ¾ cup water.
10. Cover and cook for 12 minutes.
11. Add grated coconut and check salt to taste.
12. If required add ¼ cup water and cook for 5 more minutes or till the vegetable is cooked.
13. Serve your Goan Tiddkeo Middkeo bhaji hot.
Enjoy life, it’s delicious.