40 – 42 gores of Rossal / Rossau Ponos (soft variety)
½ cup sugar
¼ lime juice (about 8/9 drops)
½ cup water
** Cinnamon stick – optional.
1. Separate the seeds from the gores.
2. In a mixer add jackfruit flesh and sugar, then grind this to a pulp with ½ cup water.
3. Add the pulp to a heavy bottom pan.
4. Use only wooden spoon.
5. Add lime juice after 10 minutes.
6. Stir constantly to prevent the mixture from sticking.
7. Cook until the pulp begins to leave the sides of the pan.
8. Check if more sugar is required and add accordingly.
9. Lift a little Jam on the spoon and tilt to see if the jackfruit jam falls, if it sticks and doesn’t fall that means the jam is done.
10. This took about 30 minutes on low flame.
11. Cool the jam and fill it in a clean jar.
** 42 pieces of Jackfruit pieces gave me little more than one jar.
Enjoy life, it’s delicious.