4 Large tomatoes finely chopped
1 Large onion finely chopped
8 -10 Curry leaves
3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
½ inch ginger finely chopped
2 green chilies slit and cut
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon turmeric
½ teaspoon mustard seed
½ teaspoon sugar
3 tablespoon oil
2-3 sprigs of coriander leaves finely chopped
Pinch of salt
*** Tomato and onion can also be cut into half and sliced
1. In a kadai / pan add mustard seeds in hot oil and wait till it splutters.
2. Now add cumin seeds followed by chili, ginger and garlic.
3. Once the garlic turns light brown add curry leaves.
4. After a while add the onion and cook till the onion turn translucent.
5. Now add the tomatoes; cover and cook till soft.
6. Add turmeric and sugar and cook for 30 sec.
7. Add 1 ½ cup water and bring to a boil (add more if required).
8. Sprinkle coriander leaves and cook till done.
9. Check salt to taste.
10.Serve hot with Goan Pao.
Enjoy life, it’s delicious.
If you want to make Tomato Saar add the below ingredients:
Pinch of Asafoetida – after step 1
2 tablespoon grated coconut – after step 7
Out of 4 tomatoes you can puree 2 and use – after step 4