Its lent time and I got a craving for Goan fish mayonnaise but since the one I have in the refrigerator is with Eggs I thought of whisking up a Vegetarian Mayonnaise.
½ cup cold full cream milk
1 cup Olive oil / Sunflower oil or any other
½ teaspoon (yellow) mustard dal
Juice of half small lime
½ teaspoon vinegar
2 pinch crushed pepper
½ teaspoon sugar
Pinch of salt
** Depending on the quality of olive oil you might need to increase sugar a bit.
**One teaspoon celery finely chopped (optional)
1. Take a bowl and add olive oil followed by cold milk.
2. Now pour in mustard seeds, sugar and salt.
3. To this add crushed peppercorns.
4. With a hand blender start blending this starting from the very bottom slowly working your way up.
5. Stop after a min and add lime juice, vinegar and start blending again.
6. Within another minute of blending you Mayonnaise is ready.
7. Pour it into a jar and refrigerate.
8. Use as required.
Enjoy life, it’s delicious.