350gms Sweet potato
½ cup Sugar (ground to powder)
¼ cup Maida
2 large eggs
5 cardamom crushed
1 cup coconut milk (thick)
1 teaspoon ghee
Pinch of salt
Optional Ingredients (used this as it’s a part of a mystery box challenge that I am working on):
3 Kashmiri chilies
1 small green mango
8 whole cashew seeds
2 large spinach leaves
1. Boil the Sweet potatoes then peel it.
2. Mash the sweet potato as it’s warn and add sugar; keep mashing.
3. Now add maida, eggs, cardamom and coconut milk and mix well.
4. Pass the mixture through a sieve and set aside.
1. Grind jaggery and seedless chilies with 1 tablespoon warm water; remove and set aside.
2. Grind Spinach and cashew with 1 tablespoon water and set aside.
3. Grind the flesh of one small mango and set aside.
4. Mix one cup of the sweet potato mixture to each bowl.
1. Take a baking pan / loaf pan and grease it will ghee.
2. Now pour the mixture with red chilies and cook on stove top for a while (4 min).
3. Meanwhile pre-heat the oven.
4. Once you see it getting cooked on all side put the pan on the lower most rack in the oven and start the top heat.
5. Let it bake for 5 minutes by now the top is cooked.
6. Remove and pour the second layer and bake for 5 more minutes.
7. Now add the last layer and bake for 5 minutes.
8. After 5 minutes remove and apply little ghee (¼ teaspoon).
9. Now switch of the top heat and start the bottom heat (Gas mark 4) and bake for 20 -22 minutes.
10. Do a toothpick test if it’s still not baked then further bake it for 4 min or till completely cooked.
11. Now let it sit on a cooling rack for 4 hours and then demold the Bebinca.
12. Cut as desired and serve.
*** You could skip the optional ingredients and straight away bake after cooking it on a stove top for 5 minutes then bake for 35 minutes on bottom heat and finally bake for 5 minutes on top heat.
Enjoy life, it’s delicious.