Mixed Vegetable Curry
250gms Sweet Potato
¼ Cup Peas
3 medium onions chopped
2 large tomatoes chopped
2 sprigs of curry leaves
1 tablespoon vinegar
Oil as required
Water as required
Salt to taste
Grind the below ingredients:
7 Kashmiri chilies
2 green chilies (mild variety)
¼ teaspoon cumin
6 cloves of garlic
½ inch ginger
¾ inch cinnamon stick
½ teaspoon turmeric
1 long piece of tamarind
1. Clean, cut the vegetables into cubes (1 ½ to 2cms).
2. Grind the masala to a paste using water.
3. Fry potato, carrot, sweet potato and yum for 1 min individually in little oil and set aside.
1. Take a pot, add oil and sauté the onion till turn translucent,
2. Now add the tomato and cook till they become soft.
3. Add the ground masala with ¼ cup water and cook for a while.
4. Now add the fried vegetables and peas.
5. Wash the mixer using 1 ½ cup water and add to the pot.
6. After 2 minutes add curry leaves and jaggery.
7. Check salt to taste.
8. Add vinegar to the gravy.
9. Let this cook for a few more minutes till the vegetables are cooked.
10.Don’t overcook the vegetables keep it a bit crunchy.
11.Adjust the gravy to the consistency you prefer.
Enjoy life, it’s delicious.