1 kg Cabbage
1 freshly grated coconut (½ cup for grating & rest to make coconut milk)
1 large onion chopped
1 green chilies chopped
2 medium size tomato chopped
1 ½ cup water
Oil as required
Salt to taste
½ Maggie cube (bouillon cube) – optional
Grind the below ingredients:
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
½ cup grated coconut
5 green chilies (mild variety)
¼ teaspoon cumin
1 tablespoon coriander seeds
4 cloves of garlic
½ inch ginger
1 inch cinnamon stick
1. Clean, cut and soak cabbage in salt water (cut big pieces).
2. Extract 250 ml thick coconut milk and 100 ml thin coconut milk.
1. Take a pot, add oil and sauté the onion till turn translucent,
2. Now add the tomato & chilies and cook for some time.
3. Add the ground masala and thin coconut milk, cook for a while.
4. Now add the cabbage.
5. Wash the mixer using 1½ cup water and add to the pot.
6. Once the cabbage is half cooked add the thick coconut milk and salt to taste.
7. Add Maggie at this point (optional). Check salt to taste.
8. Let this cook for a few more minutes till the cabbage is cooked.
9. Don’t overcook cabbage keep it a bit crunchy.
Enjoy life, it’s delicious.