Jeerem Meerem Masala / Jirem Mirim
40-42gms Cumin Seeds
45gms Peppercorns (50gms if you like it spicy)
1 Gaunti Chili / Canacona Chili (Kholchyo)
*** Chili is optional.
1. Sun dry all the above ingredients except Turmeric powder (if you are using whole pieces then sun dry them).
2. Drying them in the sun will remove any moisture present in the spices.
3. Add it to a large mixing jar and grind to a powder.
4. Put the ground Jeerem Meerem masala into a plate and leave it in open for 5 to 7 minutes.
5. Keeping it out for a while helps dry out any wetness in the masala.
6. Now bottle it into an air tight container / jar and use as required.
7. This gave me about a jar full of masala.
*** Sometimes the shopkeepers sprinkle water over the spices to help increase the weight this is not good for the masala so taking extra precaution help sun drying for 2/3 hours.
Enjoy life, it’s delicious.