Peet-achem Maas / Goan Pork Curry
3 medium onion chopped
2 tomatoes chopped
22-25gms tamarind soaked in 1 ½ cup warm water
3 sprigs of coriander leaves chopped (Optional)
1 – 2 slit green chilies
3 tablespoon vinegar (from this 1 ½ tablespoon to be used while marinating)
¾ teaspoon turmeric powder (can be used while marinating or later)
2 pinch sugar
Water as required
Salt to taste
Peetacho masalo to grind:
1 teaspoon cumin
1 ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
2” inch cinnamon stick
9 -10 cloves
*** Used the small jar and make powder
Ingredients to crush in a mortar & pestle:
3-4 green chilies
7 – 8 cloves of garlic
1” inch ginger
Pinch of salt
*** Recommend to cook this dish a day before as it matures well and enhances the taste.
*** If you are not using tomatoes and going with just onion then increase the quantity of tamarind or vinegar.
1. Clean and cut the pork into strips 3.5 to 4cms in width and further cut them to ¾ cm in thickness (or 1 cm).
2. Keep some fatty pieces separate for rendering.
3. Marinate the meat with salt & vinegar and set aside.
1. Take a kadai / pot and add the fatty pieces first and render it.
2. No oil is required as this dish will be cooked in its own fat.
3. Now in batches sear the meat in the pan on all side.
4. Remove the meat pieces with a perforated spoon and set aside.
5. In the same Kadai /pot add the onions and sauté till translucent.
6. Now add the crushed paste of chillies, garlic and ginger. Sauté for a minute.
7. Add the tomatoes and cook till the tomatoes soften.
8. Now add the meat pieces and mix well.
9. Sprinkle the masala powder and ¾ teaspoon of turmeric powder.
10. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
11. Now pour in the tamarind water and 1 cup of water.
12. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
13. Open the pot / kadai and add vinegar, sugar and slit chilies.
14. Cover and cook till the meat is done.
15. Check salt to taste
16. Adjust the consistency of the gravy to your requirement.
17. Sprinkle coriander leaves (optional) and serve.
Enjoy life, it’s delicious.