½ kg pork without skin (it should have little fat)
½ kg beef
1 ½ teaspoon ginger and garlic paste
*** Meat is boneless
*** Stew can be made with combination of any of this meats (pork, beef, chicken and choris)
*** We do it with 2 meats, it can also be done only with beef or combination of 3 meats.
400gms potatoes cut into small cubes
¼ kg green beans cut small
¼ kg green peas
¼ kg carrot
*** Try and keep then to as same size accept potatoes will be a bit bigger then the vegetables.
2 bay leaves dry
4” inch cinnamon stick
** Forgot to add bay leaves in the picture.
170gms elbow macaroni
150gms grated cheddar cheese (I used Kraft)
3 medium onion finely chopped
2 large tomatoes chopped
1-2 slit green chilli
1 bouillon cubes (10.5 gms)
1 ½ teaspoon oil (for macaroni)
2 ½ tablespoon oil (for cooking)
Salt to taste
*** If you don’t have cheese then boil 2 cup full cream milk and reduce it to half and use.
Pre-preparation (mise en place):
1. Wash and cut the meats into small pieces.
2. Then marinate the meats individually with salt and ¾ teaspoon of ginger & garlic paste and set aside for 15 minutes.
3. Then add the marinated meat in individual pots with 2-3 cups of water and boil them till cooked. Reserve the stock to use later.
4. Wash and cut all the vegetables and boil then in a pot till cooked – except potatoes.
5. Boil the potatoes separately till 95% done (Don’t overcook them).
6. In a separate pot boil macaroni till its cooked but still firm – al dente ( add salt and 1 teaspoon of oil to the water while boiling)
7. Strain the macaroni and add little oil and mix so that they don’t get sticky.
1. Take a big enough pot add oil and as its warm add the spices.
2. Cook this for a minute so that the spices start to release their oils.
3. Now add onion and sauté till they turn translucent.
4. To this add the tomatoes and cook till they get soft then add slit chili.
5. Add both the boiled meats and mix well and cook for a minute or so.
6. At this point add 3 cups of reserved stock and bouillon cube.
7. Stock might look more but don’t worry once the macaroni is added it will soak all the stock.
8. Now add the vegetables and potatoes and stir.
9. Cook this for about 2 minutes and add the macaroni followed my grated cheese.
10. Stir all the ingredients and cook for 3-4 minutes till the cheese melts.
11. Add more reserve stock if required.
12. Please don’t overcook.
13. Serve hot with slice bread.
Enjoy life, it’s delicious.