Goan Minced Meat
500gms Mutton mince / Beef mince (wash well)
1 ½ teaspoon ginger garlic paste
1 large lime (juice)
2 medium size potatoes cut into cubes
Masala to grind:
5 Kashmiri chilies
5-6 cloves of garlic
1” inch ginger
1 ½” inch cinnamon stick
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon kus kus
1 teaspoon turmeric
3 tablespoon Vinegar
Little water as required
2 onions chopped
2 tomatoes chopped
1 green chili slit
2 sprigs of coriander leaves chopped
½ a bouillon cube (Maggi)
2 tablespoon vinegar
Salt to taste
Pinch of sugar
Water as required
** One single bouillon cube is about 10.5gms (2 pieces in a packet which is 21gms)
** You can add some green peas to this dish if you like.
** If you don’t like it spicy then reduce the peppercorns.
1. Marinate the mince with ginger garlic paste, salt and half a lime juice (reserve half for later use).
2. Grind the masala to a fine paste.
3. Now boil the mince in one cup water till its 75 % cooked.
** When it boils remove all the scum that rises.
1. In a kadia / pot add oil and sauté the onions till they turn translucent.
2. Then add the tomatoes and cook till they are soft.
3. To this add the potatoes and ground masala. Cook for a while (1 min)
4. Now add the boiled mince and mix well.
5. Add 1 cup water to the mixer and remove the masala that is inside and add this to the pot.
6. After 5 min add remaining lime juice and slit chili.
7. Just before the potatoes are done add vinegar, sugar and bouillon cube.
8. Adjust the consistency of the gravy to your preference (some like it dry and some like it in a gravy form).
9. Cook till the mince and potatoes are cooked
10. Check salt to taste.
11. Sprinkle some coriander leaves and serve your Goan Keema.
Enjoy life, it’s delicious.