750gms medium prawns (Cleaned)
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
½ teaspoon chili powder
Juice of one small lime
4 large onion chopped
5 green chilies chopped
3-4 petals of Kokum
2 cloves of garlic crushed (optional)
Oil as required
Salt to taste
1. Marinate the prawns with salt, chili , turmeric and lime juice and set aside.
2. In a kadai / large frying pan add the oil.
3. Now on high flame fry the prawns on both sides till about 70 % done.
4. Put the prawns into a plate and set aside.
5. Add oil to the pan (put crushed garlic if you are using).
6. Fry the chilies and onions till the onions start turning brown.
7. Add the fried prawns to this and sauté well.
8. After about a minute add kokum and salt to taste.
9. Cook till the prawns are done.
10. Check salt to taste.
Enjoy life, it’s delicious.