14 turmeric leaves
1 ½ cup Goan rice soaked (for 4 – 5 hours minimum or overnight)
For Chun / Filling:
1 Freshly grated coconut
150gms pyramid jaggery
9 Cardamom seed (powder)
Pre – preparation:
1. In a pot add jaggery , coconut , cardamom and little water and cook
2. Let all the ingredients cook well to form a nice moist filling.
3. Keep it aside to cool
4. Now grind the soaked rice with salt and little water to form a thick paste.
5. The paste should be nice and thick, you can even get it to a soft dough consistency if you like.
*** To apply the paste first don’t forget wet your figures.
1. Clean all the leaves well and set aside
2. Cut the leaves to fit the steamer.
3. Apply the rice paste is a manner that it about ½ cm inside the leaf border. Keep it thin and evenly spread.
4. Don’t apply till the very end or it might fall in the steamer.
5. Add the filling / chun in the center and fold.
6. Now steam the Patoleo till they are cooked ( approx. 18-20 minutes)
7. Serve hot
Enjoy life, it’s delicious.