14 turmeric leaves
1 ½ cup Goan rice soaked (for 4 – 5 hours minimum or overnight)
For Chun / Filling:
1 Freshly grated coconut
150gms pyramid jaggery
9 Cardamom seed (powder)
Pre – preparation:
1. In a pot add jaggery , coconut , cardamom and little water and cook
2. Let all the ingredients cook well to form a nice moist filling.
3. Keep it aside to cool
4. Now grind the soaked rice with salt and little water to form a thick paste.
5. The paste should be nice and thick, you can even get it to a dough consistency if you like.
*** To apply the paste first wet your figures.
1. Clean all the leaves well and set aside
2. Cut the leaves to fit the steamer.
3. Apply the rice paste is a manner that it about ½ cm inside the leaf border. Keep it thin and evenly spread.
4. Don’t apply till the very end or it might fall in the steamer.
5. Add the filling / chun in the center and fold.
6. Now steam the Patoleo till they are cooked ( approx. 18-20 minutes)
7. Serve hot
Enjoy life, it’s delicious.