Agsal / Agsol is an Authentic Goan Fish Curry which is easy to make and is cooked without coconut. Apart from Kalundra / Pearlspot / Kaloo / Kalu you can also use other fish like Shevto/Mullet, Pomfret, Mackerel/ bangdo or Sardines to make this delicious Goan Fish Curry.
500gms kalundra / kaloo fish (cut clean and apply salt)
2 large onion chopped
2 large tomato roughly chopped
4-5 green chilies slit
½ teaspoon turmeric
½ teaspoon cumin crushed
6 – 7 cloves of garlic crushed
½ inch ginger crushed
Salt to taste
Pinch of sugar
Water as required
1. Apply salt for the fish and set aside
2. Soak kokum’s in half cup warm water
3. Take a pot add chopped onions and crunch it till they sweat with little salt.
4. Now add the Tomatoes, chilies, cumin, turmeric, kokum with the water, sugar, ginger and garlic.
5. Add 2 cups of water to this and bring it to a rolling boil.
6. Now add the fish and cook till the fish is done.
7. Check salt to taste.
8. Serve this with steamed rice.
Enjoy life, it’s delicious.