500gms ground Beef / Mutton
½ cup green peas
2 potatoes cut into cubes
Masala to grind:
1 bunch of coriander leaves
3-4 long green chilies or 4-6 medium
10 cloves of garlic
½ inch ginger
1 inch cinnamon stick
¾ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon turmeric
2 onions chopped
2 tomatoes chopped
1-2 green chili slit
Small bowl of tamarind in ½ cup warm water
2 sprigs of curry leaves
½ a cube of Maggie
1 tablespoon vinegar
Salt to taste
1. In a kadai / pot add oil and sauté the onions till they turn translucent.
2. Add the tomatoes and cook till they are soft.
3. Now add the ground mince and ⅓ cup of water.
***When it boils remove all the scum that rises on top.
4. Add salt to taste.
5. Cook till the mince is 70% cooked.
6. To this add the potatoes and ground masala.
7. Add little water to the mixer and remove the masala that is inside and add this to the pot.
8.Stir and cook for 2 minutes then add tamarind water and maggie cube.
9. After 5 min add green peas, curry leaves, vinegar and slit chili.
10. Add little water if required.
11. Cook till the mince and potatoes are done
12. Check salt to taste.
13. Sprinkle some chopped coriander leaves and serve your Goan style Kheema.
Enjoy life, it’s delicious.