Masala to grind roast:
80gms coriander seeds
2 star anise
16gms cinnamon stick
5 black cardamom
8 Green cardamom
5 teaspoon Kus Kus
1 ½ nutmeg
40gms Ghaunti or Bedki chilies
4 teaspoon turmeric
2 teaspoon fennel
1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
Process of making the Xacuti masala powder:
1. Take a pan and dry roast the above spices one at a time (please don’t burn the spices)
**Just a few examples shown in picture.
2. Set the masala to cool for a while.
3. Take a mixer and grind the chilies first.
4. Then add the coriander seed followed by cumin
5. Now add all the other ingredients.
6. Xacuti masala is ready, store in an air tight container and use as required.
***Tip : add one Kashmiri chilli deseeded per tablespoon of xacuti powder used while grinding
How to use this masala:
1. For 1 kg Chicken or Mutton Xacuti ( for 400gms mushroom use just 2 tablespoon of this powder and ½ coconut)
2. Take a pan add little oil and sauté one onion and as it turns translucent.
3. Now add one grated coconut and roast it till it turns brown.
4. Let this cool for a while.
5. Now add the coconut into the mixer along with 3 ½ to 4 tablespoons of the above masala and coarsely grind it to paste.
6. Your Xacuti masala is ready to use.
Enjoy life, it’s delicious.