5 potatoes boiled and cut into cubes
3 large onions chopped
3 chilies chopped
1” inch ginger cut into tiny straws
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
10-12 curry leaves (optional)
Oil as required
Salt to taste
½ cup of water
5-6 sprigs of coriander leaves
(Chop stem separate leaves separate)
***Potatoes can be cut to desired size. I like to keep it chunky.
***Potatoes should be 80% boiled.
1. Add oil to a wok / kadai, as the oil heats add mustard seeds.
2. As soon as mustard seeds splutter add ginger and chopped chilies (if using curry leaves add at this point).
3. Now add the onion and cook till they turn a bit translucence.
4. At this point add turmeric powder had cook for a while then add the coriander leaves stems.
5. Cook for 1 minute and add the potatoes.
6. Add ½ cup of water and cook till the potatoes are done.
7. Check salt to taste.
8. Now sprinkle chopped coriander leaves and serve.
*** Water can be added as desired if you what semi gravy form add little more water. I prefer it dry.
Enjoy life, it’s delicious.