1 kg Sardines (medium size)
350 ml strained tomatoes
3 ½ tablespoon olive oil
3 kashmiri chilies (broken in half)
1 large onion finely chopped
1 large tomato finely chopped
¼ teaspoon pepper powder
1 tablespoon vinegar
Salt to taste
3 Crushed garlic (optional)
*** Tomato puree too can be used if strained tomatoes are not available
1. Clean the fish, apply salt and set aside.
2. Take a pressure cooker add the onion and chopped tomato.
3. Arrange the sardines on top of the onion and tomato.
4. Add the Strained tomatoes, pepper, vinegar, olive oil, chilies and water.
5. At this point add garlic – if you are using.
6. Check salt to taste.
7. Cover and keep the pressure cooker on very low flame and cook for 1 hour 10 minutes.
8. Now turn off the gas and let the steam out.
9. Your sardines are ready to serve ( with soft bone ).
10. This dish always taste better the next day.
*** Sardines should be medium size this is the right size.
***The flame should be low to avoid the sardines from getting burnt.
Enjoy life, it’s delicious.