22-24 Mandeli / Golden anchovies cleaned
Masala to grind:
8-9 Kashmiri chilies
4 cloves of garlic
2 teaspoon coriander seeds
¾ teaspoon cumin seeds
¾ teaspoon turmeric powder
Water as required (little).
2 medium onions chopped
Salt to taste
1. Clean the fish and apply salt.
2. Take a kadai / wok and add the onion.
3. Add little salt to the onion and with your figure’s combine then till the onion sweats.
4. Now add the ground masala to the onion. Start the heat on medium.
5. By using little water clean the remaining masala from the mixer and add that to the kadai / wok.
6. Add 1 cup of water and bring this to a boil.
7. Now add kokum and fish to the gravy.
8. Cook till the fish is done.
9. Check salt to taste.
10. Adjust the consistency of the gravy as you require.
*** This is not a thick gravy its semi watery.
*** You can also use small sole fish / lepo, aeleo /velli or any other small fish for this curry.
Enjoy life, it’s delicious.