400 gms Coconut Jaggery pyramid
350 gms Grated Coconut
350 gms Whole Wheat
1 ½ cup Sur / Toddy
8 Cardamom (powder)
Salt to taste (¼ tsp)
1 inch grated ginger (optional )
***For homemade Sur / Toddy click the name below.
1. Coarsely grind the wheat.
2. Add Cardamom powder and salt to the ground wheat.
3. Grind the Coconut and jaggery to a paste. Use toddy / sur to grind.
4. Transfer the jaggery mixture into a bowl.
5. Now add the wheat and remaining toddy to this mixture. At this point you can add the grated ginger if using.
6. Make a thick batter.
7. Cover and set aside in a warm place for 12 – 16 hours.
8. Grease the molds.
9. Pre heat the oven to 220°C.
10. Add the mixture into the bowls about ¾ as the batter might rise.
11. Now bake the batter for 20 minutes @180°C. with water tray in the bottom shelf.
12. After 20 minutes remove the water tray and increase the heat to 200°C
13. Bake for another 10 minutes.
14. Do a toothpick test. If the batter is still wet bake for another 5 minutes.
15. Once baked remove and cool for 1 hour.
16. Demold and serve.
Enjoy life, it’s delicious.