For all my family / friends who want to make / cook Sanna and Sweet Goan Ball recipes but couldn’t fine Sur / Toddy outside Goa. Here is a recipe with which you can obtain good quality Sur / toddy to make your delicious Sanna / Sweet ball etc…
Made by using Tender coconut water at home
450 ml Tender Coconut water
½ teaspoon Active yeast
1+2 tablespoon sugar
3 tablespoon warm water
1. Take a clean glass jar.
2. Add the tender coconut water.
3. Now add 2 tablespoon sugar to it.
4. Mix together in a bowl warm water, yeast and 1 tablespoon sugar. Set this aside for 5 minutes.
5. Add this mixture to the tender coconut water.
6. Store the jar in a warm place (room temperature) for 18 /24 hours.
7. Don’t cover the jar, keep it half open or tie a muslin cloth over the neck of the jar.
8. After 18 /24 hours it’s ready to use.
9. If you are not using the Toddy / Sur then cover and keep it in a refrigerator.
10. It can be stored for 2/3 days.
11. Use room temperature Sur / toddy to make your Goan Sanna / Sweet Goan Ball recipe etc….
*** Extra sugar is added to the tender coconut water to get better results.
***Important step it to allow the Sur / Toddy to breathe after adding yeast.
Enjoy making delicious recipes with homemade Goan Toddy /Goan Sur.