2 ½ tablespoon (hip full) of unflavored Gelatin (35gms approx)
½ + ¾ cup water
2 cup sugar
½ large lime juice
2 cups of fine granulated sugar (for coating)
** Essence and matching colour as desired.
** I am using three flavours and matching colours.
** This recipe yields 3 cups.
1. Add gelatin to ½ cup water and set aside.
2. Grease the trays that you will use and keep ready.
3. Take a heavy bottom pot and add ¾ cup water.
4. To this add the sugar and cook on low flame and keep stirring.
5. As the mixture comes to a boil and starts bubbling add the gelatin mixture.
6. Cook for another 8/10 minutes and stop the cooking process ( the longer you cook the harder your Jujubes).
7. Now add the lime juice and stir.
8. Divide the mixture as desired and pour in the greased trays.
9. Immediately add the colour and essence to the mixture and stir.
10. Each tray will have its own flavour and matching colour.
11. Keep it aside to cool for atleast one day in a cool environment.
12. You could either put the trays in the refrigerator for 6 hrs or just keep it outside if the temperature of the room is cold. Since its nice and cold now, I left it outside to set (i prefer keeping it at room temperature)
13. Once the jello is set cut it into desired shapes and coat it with fine granulated sugar.
14. Dry them in a plate for a few hours and store them in an airtight container.
15. Your Jujubes are ready.
Enjoy the festivity.