2 Freshly grated coconut
1 cup Nachne / Red millet / Ragi flour
½ kg Palm Jaggery (pyramid)
¼ kg Sugarcane Jaggery
40 gms Peeled cashew pieces (broken)
Water as required.
*** You can also replace Ragi / Millet / Nachne with Rice flour and make dodol.
1. Extract thick and thin milk from the grated coconut.
2. I got about 3 ½ cups of thick milk and 3 cups of thin milk.
3. Scrape the jaggery and set aside.
4. Grease a pan / plate / tray and keep ready (which ever you prefer).
5. Now mix the thin milk with the flour to form a lump free mixture.
6. Take a big pot and add the mixture to the pot.
7. Add the scraped Jaggery and start the cooking process on medium heat.
8. After 15 minutes add the thick milk and stir continuously.
9. After 30 min the mixture will start getting thicker at this point add the cashew nuts.
10. Be careful as the mixture will splatter; protect your hands.
11. Keep stirring and don’t allow the dodol to get burnt.
12. The dodol is cooked once it starts leaving the side walls of the pot.
13. Once cooked pour the dodol in the greased dish and cool for atleast 8 hrs.
14. Cut as desired and serve.
Enjoy the festivity.