Goan banana fritters
2 large over ripe bananas
1 cup Maida
½ cup milk
3 cardamom (powdered)
1 ¼ piece goan jaggery
Pinch of salt
1/3 cup water
Oil as required
- Add milk, scrapped jaggery and water to a small pot.
- Cook this on low flame till the jaggery dissolves.
- Strain this through a sieve and cool
*** Add a few small jaggery pieces along with the batter just before frying.
1. Mash both bananas in a bowl with a fork.
2. Beat the eggs in a separate bowl.
3. Take a large bowl and mix the bananas, eggs and cardamom.
4. Now add the maida, salt and jaggery / milk liquid and make the batter.
5. The batter should be semi thick.
6. If it becomes thin add more maida and if it’s too thick add milk. Adjust accordingly.
7. Heat a pan, add little oil and potion out desired quantity of batter to make filos.
8. Cook on both side till it’s done.