Whole Masoor Dal with Choris
Sabut masoor dal with Choris
1½ cup of masoor dal (soar for 2 hours)
18-20 beads of Choris (peeled)
1 large potato cut into cubes
1 onion chopped
2 Stems of curry leaves
1 tomato chopped
½ Maggie (dissolved in 1 cup water)
Grind to paste:
3-4 green chilles
1 inch cinnamon stick
1 Kashmiri chili
½ tsp turmeric powder
¾ tsp cumin seeds
2 cloves of garlic
6-7 sprigs coriander leaves
Little water to grind
1. Pressure cook the dal for two whistles with salt to taste.
2. Add oil to a pot, as it becomes hot start adding curry leaves and onion, sauté till its translucent than add tomatoes .
3. Now pour in the ground paste, cook for 1 minute.
4. At this point add the cube potatoes and little water (150ml), cook this for 3 min.
5. Add the peeled choris and kokum.
6. Once the potatoes are ¾ done add the boiled dal. now add Maggie water (stock).
7. If required add more water to get the gravy to the consistency you require.
8. Check salt to taste.
9. After the potatoes are cooked the dish is done.