1 kg Chicken leg quarters
(You can use a whole chicken too)
1 ½ lime medium size (juice)
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
¼ teaspoon chili powder
1 ½ teaspoon ginger and garlic paste
1 ½ teaspoon oil
Salt to taste
2 tablespoon Roast meat masala (Link below)
*** ¼ cup water while roasting
2 large onion chopped
1 medium size potato cut into quarters
5 Kashmiri chilies broken in half
1 ½ teaspoon oil
2 tablespoon water
*** I will be deboning the leg quarters. You can use bone-in too, it’s on your preference.
1. Turn the chicken leg and make a cut in the center to expose the bone.
2. With the help of a knife scrap the bone to release the meat.
3. Be careful when you reach the joint. Don’t break the joint.
4. Once you have reached the very end, cut the bone ¾ inch from the end to leave the end of the leg intact.
5. Take a small baking tray and add 2 cups of water.
*** If you are using whole chicken then skip the above steps from 1 to 4.
1. Marinate the chicken by adding the ingredients listed above under – “For marinade”.
2. Let the chicken marinate for atleast one hour.
3. Apply salt and little oil to the potatoes and set aside.
4. Pre- heat the oven at 200C for 10 mins.
5. Take a baking tray and add 1 ½ tablespoon oil, onions, k. chilies and potatoes.
6. Place the chicken in the tray, with ¼ cup water.
7. Reserve the extra marinate. To the marinate add 1 ½ tablespoon oil, 2 tablespoon water and mix well, as we will baste the chicken with this later.
8. Reduce the heat to 170 / 180 C.
9. Put the tray in the oven – middle shelf and Roast the chicken.
10. After 10 minutes remove the chicken from the oven and baste the chicken with the extra marinate mixture.
11. Return the tray back to the oven, at the same time put the water tray on the bottom shelf.
12. The water in the tray won’t allow your chicken to become dry.
13. Roast the chicken for another 20 min.
14. Now on top flame, roast the chicken for 8/10 min and it’s done.
15. This will give the chicken skin its colour.
16. Serve the chicken hot.