Coilorio / Koilotio
2 cup Goan boiled rice
1 cup freshly grated coconut
Hand full of fresh coconut cut into tiny pieces
Water as required
Oil as required
Salt to taste
** If you don’t like the pieces of coconut in your Koiloreos you can skip that step.
** you can also add 1.5 – 2 tsp sugar and make sweet koiloreo.
**When you make plain koiloreo, you can also make a syrup with coconut milk and jaggery and have with it.
1. Clean and soak the rice overnight in water.
2. Grind both rice and grated coconut to a paste.
3. Add little water while grinding, the paste should be semi thick.
4. Now add the salt and the coconut pieces.
5. Take a frying pan add little oil.
6. Spoon out required quantity of batter into the frying pan and make the Koiloreo.
7. Cover and cook till the koiloreo are done.