Drumstick leaves with jackfruit seeds bhaji
6 – 7 Cups young drumstick leaves
12 Ponsachim Biknam (Jackfruit seeds)
3 Kashmiri chilies
2 medium Onions chopped
2 – 3 Green chilies chopped
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
¼ teaspoon Chili powder
3 – 4 tablespoon freshly grated coconut
1 ½ tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
1. Remove tender leaves from the stem and wash the leaves.
2. Boil the jackfruit seeds in the pressure cooker with little salt and required quantity of water for 4 whistles.
3. Cut the seeds into quarters. Remove the outer skin / shell.
1. Take a big kadai / wok add oil and sauté the onion along with green chilies and kashmiri chilies till the onion turns translucent.
2. Add the turmeric powder and chili powder and cook for a while.
3. Add a hand full of drumstick leaves and mix. At the point add the jackfruit seeds.
4. Now add all the leaves, cover and cook for 1 minute.
5. Open the kadai / wok and add grated coconut with little water (70ml).
6. Stir well to mix all the ingredients. Cook till the leaves are done.
7. Check salt to taste.