1 set (2 pieces with 4 strips) of Solieo (waghole / ray fish)
6 dry mackerel’s
PARA – Masala ingredients:
240 gms Bedki chilies (180 + 60)
60 cloves of garlic (45 + 15)
4 inch ginger (3+1)
4 inch cinnamon stick (3+1)
1 tablespoon turmeric powder (¾ + ¼ )
120 peppercorns (90 + 30)
60 cloves (45 + 15)
2 bottle goan vinegar (1500ml)
750 ml for grinding – 1 bottle (¾ + ¼ )
*** Demo is shown for Solieo follow the same for Mackerel.
Preparation Para masala:
1. Remove the head of the chilies and grind coarsely to a powder.
2. Add all the listed spices and chili powder into a mixer and grind with 750ml vinegar.
3. Para masala is ready.
4. Divide the masala into two parts – ¾ for Solieo (waghole / ray fish) and ¼ for Mackerel’s
1. Clean and cut the Waghole into desired pieces (cut the head and tail part off).
2. Clean the mackerel well (head and scales off).
3. Take a bowl add 250ml vinegar and wash the Solieo (ray fish) and then the bangda (Mackerels)
4. Now add ¾ ground masala to Solieo and ¼ to mackerel in two separate bowls.
5. Add 400 ml vinegar to Solieo masala and 100ml to Mackerel masala
6. Soak it in the masala for a 30 minutes
7. Now take the desired containers , clean it well (without moisture)
8. Fill the containers individually (one with Solieo and other with Mackerel’s)
9. Pour the masala on top to cover the Solieo and mackerel’s respectively.
10. Close the containers and store it for atleast 30 – 40 days (more the better) before using.
*** I kept mine for 50 days
1. Take a frying pan add required quantity of oil and fry the Para till cooked.
2. I prefer frying it till its 75% done, it all on your preference.
3. Serve it with Sorak and boiled white rice or as desired.