Sungta ani bhende kodi
400 gms Prawns (clean and apply salt)
180 gms lady fingers (clean and cut into 1 inch pieces)
Grind to a smooth paste:
¾ grated coconut
8-9 Kashmiri chilies
½ tsp turmeric powder
1 ½ tbsp. coriander seeds
½ tsp cumin seeds
3 cloves of garlic
1 onion chopped
1 tomato chopped
2 tbsp. oil
½ Maggie cube
Pinch of sugar (optional)
Small ball of tamarind soaked in little warm water.
*** Maggie is used since I am using frozen prawns.
1. Take a kadai, add oil and sauté the onion, as they turn translucent add the tomato and cook till it turns soft.
2. Add the shrimps and cook for 1 min.
3. Now put the ground masala and also wash the mixer and add the masala water into the kadai. Let the curry come to a boil.
4. Add the cut lady fingers, kokum, maggie and tamarind water.
5. The consistency of the curry can be adjusted to your liking by adding water.
6. Cook till the lady fingers are done.
7. Add salt to taste ( add sugar if required)