1 kg chicken
Masala to grind:
4-5 sprigs of coriander leaves
3 cloves of garlic
3 green chilies
2 Kashmiri chilies
½ inch cinnamon stick
¼ teaspoon cumin seeds
½ inch ginger
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
Small ball of tamarind in warm water
½ Maggie cube
2 medium onion chopped
1 medium tomato chopped
1 large potato cut in cubes (medium size)
2 sprigs of curry leaves
1 ½ tablespoon vinegar
1 ½ teaspoon ginger & garlic paste
1 small lime (juice)
Salt to taste
Pre – Preparation:
1. Clean and cut the chicken to desired size
2. Apply ginger & garlic paste, lime juice, little salt and keep it aside.
1. Add oil to a pot / kadai /wok and sauté the onion till they turn translucent.
2. Add the tomatoes and cook for a while.
3. Now add the marinated chicken and cook for 2 minutes
4. Add the potatoes and cook for another 2 minutes
5. At this point add the ground masala and little water.
6. After about 5 minutes add Maggie cube, vinegar and curry leaves
7. Add tamarind water as required (approx. 3 – 4 tablespoon)
8. Cover and cook till the chicken is done, check salt to taste.