Bombilache Golgolem / gulgulem
7 – 8 fresh Bombay ducks (cleaned /cut and apply salt)
1 large onion chipped
1 large tomato chopped
2 sprigs of coriander leaves chopped.
2 stems of curry leaves
Small bowl of tamarind dipped in warm water
Oil as required
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon vinegar (optional)
Masala to grind:
6 sprigs of coriander leaves
3 green chilies
4 cloves of garlic
½ inch ginger
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon turmeric
1 inch cinnamon stick
** tamarind and curry leaves not to be included while grinding.
1. Add oil to a pot and sauté the onions till they are translucent.
2. Add the tomatoes and cook for a while.
3. Put the ground masala to the pot and allow it to boil with little water.
4. Add the tamarind water and chopped coriander leaves
5. Now add the Bombay ducks to the gravy and put the curry leaves.
6. Cook till the Bombay ducks / bombil are cooked.
7. Check salt to taste. Add vinegar (optional)