Potato pakora / bhajia
Tea time snack / street food
2 medium potatoes cleaned and finely slices
2 cup gram flour
2 tablespoon rice flour
¾ tsp chili powder
¼ tsp turmeric powder
300ml cooking oil
Salt to taste
1. Clean and cut the potatoes, dip them in salt water.
2. In a bowl add the gram flour, rice flour, chili powder, turmeric powder and salt, make a batter by adding water.
3. The batter should be of medium consistency and lump free.
4. Heat oil in a kadai / pan.
5. Take a few potatoes dip them in the batter and fry to golden brown.
6. Don’t put a lot of potatoes at one time just a few depending on the size of your kadai / pan.
7. Serve it hot with some ketchup and green chutney. Its also served with pao like vada pav.