Goan bread fruit curry
250 gms shrimps cleaned
1 freshly grated coconut (3 tablespoon for grinding & rest to make 250ml of coconut milk)
1 large onion chopped
2 green chilies slit
1 medium size tomato chopped
1 cup water
Oil as required
Salt to taste
Grind the below ingredients:
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
3 tablespoon grated coconut
¼ teaspoon cumin
1 ½ tablespoon coriander seeds
5 cloves of garlic
½ inch ginger
1 inch cinnamon stick
1. Clean and cut half nirponos into big cubes.
2. Take a pot, add oil and sauté the onion till turn translucent,
3. Now add the tomato & chilies and cook for some time.
4. Add the ground masala and cook for 1 minutes.
5. At this point add the shrimps and cook for 1 minutes.
6. Now add the nirponos and 1 cup water.
7. Once the nirponos is half cooked add the coconut milk and salt to taste.
8. Let this cook for a few more minutes till the nirponos is cooked.