Black eyed peas with coconut & jaggery
300 grams black eyed peas (Soak for 2 hours)
1 freshly grated coconut
1 piece coconut jaggery – black (scraped)
3-4 pieces of cardamom (powdered)
salt to taste
1. Mix the coconut, cardamom powder & jaggery together and keep it aside.
2. In a pressure cooker cook the black eyed peas with salt in 200 ml of water.
3. Let this cook on medium heat for 4 whistles (approx. 20 min).
4. Cool the black eyed peas till they are close to room temperature.
5. Combine the jaggery mixture along with the black eyed peas and serve along with hot tea.