200 gm Shrimps med / small
2 large onion finely chopped
3 tbsp. rechardo masala
1. Clean the Squid apply salt and set aside. Cut the tentacles and shrimps into small pieces (mean while dip 6 toothpick in water).
2. Take a pan, add little oil and sauté the onion till its translucent.
3. Add recheado masala along with the squid tentacles and shrimps. Cook till the water dries. Add salt to taste.
4. After filling is cooked, set aside to cool.
5. Stuff the filling in the squid but don’t overstuff it, as it needs room to expand or it will burst. See picture. Close the end with the toothpick.
6. Take a frying pan with little oil. On medium flame fry both sides for 2 minutes each till it gets a nice brown colour. Cover the frying pan with a lid and let it cook for another 4 to 5 minutes (do turn them over on regular intervals)
7. Once it’s cooked serve hot.
*** You can also apply a little recheado masala on top to get a lovely colour.