½ Kg Rice powder / flour
2 tsp Oil
200 to 220ml warm water
Salt to taste
For the Accompaniments:
½ Freshly grated Coconut
1 pcs Coconut Jaggery (Black)
3 pcs Cardamom Powder
1. Make the dough adding rice flour, salt and oil with warm water in a pot.
2. Using the Sheviyo maker squeeze the sheviyo on to the steaming device (idli maker or cane mini baskets used for steaming)
3. Steam the sheviyo for about 18/20 min and its ready. Remove them to a big container / plate.
4. For the accompaniments – Scrape the Jaggery and add it to the grated coconut and sprinkle cardamom powder. Mix it well.
5. Once all the sheviyos are done serve it in a plate by topping the sheviyos with the Jaggery mixture.
6. Serve it as a tea time snack.