500gms Prawns (cleaned and deveined)
2 large onion finely chopped
1 medium tomato finely chopped
2 – 4 green chilies finely chopped
1 garlic cloves finely chopped
2 tbsp. ketchup (optional)
½ tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp chili powder
3 tbsp. oil
Salt to taste
2 small potatoes diced or cubed (as you wish)
4 sprigs of coriander leaves finely chopped
- Apply salt to the prawns and set aside (I kept the tail tip on…it’s your wish how you clean).
- Take a pan add oil and sauté the onion till they are translucent.
- Add garlic, chilies and tomatoes cook for 2 min.
- Now add turmeric powder, chili powder and the potatoes, let this cook for 4 minutes and add little water if the masala paste starts to dry.
- Now put the prawns and ketchup; cook till the prawns are done (don’t overcook the prawns, add little water if required)
- Check for salt and garnish the dish with chopped coriander leaves.