4 pcs king fish cut into half
½ tsp cumin seeds crushed
4-5 cloves of garlic crushed (indian garlic just 2/3)
½ tsp turmeric powder
2 large onion finely chopped
1 large tomato finely chopped
2 green chilies finely chopped
Small ball of tamarind in one cup warm water.
- Apply salt to the fish and keep aside.
- Add oil to a pot. Once it’s hot, add garlic cloves, peppercorns and cumin seeds.
- Now add onion and sauté it till they get translucent.
- it’s time to add the tomato and chilies. After 2 minutes add turmeric powder and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Strain the tamarind water and add to the pot (You will require more tamarind water, so add some more warm water to the same tamarind for the second time as required ).
- Once the curry comes to a boil add fish and cook the fish till it’s tender.
** Do not stir the fish once it’s in the curry, as the pieces might break.
Add salt to taste.