White pumpkin with shrimps curry
250gms Shrimps (cleaned – med/small size)
500gms white pumpkin (clean n cut into 1 inch cubes)
1 grated coconut (1/4 for grinding & 3/4 for making 250ml of coconut milk)
1 tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp coriander seeds
2 garlic cloves
1 inch ginger (½ inch cut to small straws)
4 green chilies
4-5 sprigs of coriander leaves
3 tbsp. tamarind pulp
1 inch cinnamon stick
I large onion chopped
1 med tomato chopped
½ Maggie cube
Oil as required
Grind the following ingredients:
Coriander leaves, garlic, ginger, turmeric powder, cloves, cinnamon, peppercorns, green chilies, 1/4 grated coconut , Cumin seeds and coriander seeds with little water.
1. Take a pot, add oil and sauté the onion once they turn translucent add tomatoes & ginger straws.
2. Add the ground masala & ½ Maggie cube. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Now add the white pumpkin and after 3 minutes add the prawns & coconut milk (250ml)
4. Cook for 3 min & add the tamarind pulp
5. Add salt to taste
6. Once the pumpkin is cooked the dish is done.